Traveling with mobility needs? Don’t panic, as long as you have booked flight tickets with Spirit Airlines. Despite being a low-budget air carrier, Spirit goes the extra mile to cover travelers’ needs and preferences.
It features a dedicated Spirit Airlines Wheelchair Assistance program to assist you throughout the journey. This policy is a reliable partner and makes air travel accessible for all. So, what are you waiting for? Opt for the airline’s wheelchair assistance and say hello to seamless journeys. Scroll down and understand the process to avoid any unpleasant surprises.
What are the Guidelines for Spirit Airlines Wheelchair Assistance?
Spirit Airlines is fully committed to ensuring a convenient and hassle-free travel experience. So, if your itinerary includes a guest with a disability, fret not and request Spirit wheelchair assistance for a smooth ride. Let’s walk through the guidelines involved in the process and make necessary arrangements beforehand.
- Travelers can request wheelchair assistance online, over a call, or at the airport.
- It’s advised to schedule the wheelchair services in advance so that airlines can make necessary preparations for you.
- The wheelchair or other assistive device must go as checked baggage.
- Those requesting wheelchair assistance from Spirit Airlines must visit the airport at least two (2) hours before the domestic flight departure and three (3) before the international flight takes off.
- If you require curbside assistance outside of your terminal, you must have a family member at the ticket counter or with the service provider.
- In addition to airport assistance, Spirit Airlines offers aisle and onboard wheelchair assistance to ensure a comfortable experience in the sky.
- If you request wheelchair assistance, the airline’s agents will guide you with the check-in, dropping off your checked baggage, or through the restroom or restaurant.
How to Add Wheelchair Assistance to Your Spirit Bookings?
Spirit Airlines is committed to offering the best-in-class flying experience, thus leaving you wanting for more. Wondering how to add wheelchair assistance in Spirit? Fret not; the process is no rocket science. You can request this service through one of the following options. Scroll down and keep tabs on the instructions.
Via Official Website
- Are you a tech-savvy traveler? Why not use the Spirit Airlines official site to get handicap assistance?
- Navigate to the site and visit the My Trips section.
- Enter your Last Name and Confirmation Code.
- Tap the Continue button and access your booking details.
- Scroll down to the Passenger Section and click “Add” under the Additional Info tab.
- Select the type of wheelchair assistance needed, and click Submit to save changes.
Over the Phone
- In addition to the official site, you can also reach out to Spirit Customer Service Number to request this service.
- Call or text the airline’s executive at 855-728-3555 or +1-856-545-5988 and share your concerns.
- Ask the agent about the wheelchair availability and submit the important details to request assistance.
Can I Request Wheelchair Assistance at the Airport?
Sure, you can. If you experience a sudden requirement for a wheelchair at the airport or on the flight and are wondering how do I get a wheelchair assistance at the airport, follow the instructions below and learn the process beforehand.
- Arrive early at the airport, say 2 hours before the domestic flight departure and 3 hours prior to the international flight take-off.
- Head to the Spirit ticket counter and connect to the airline’s team member or wheelchair service provider.
- The executive will offer the airport wheelchair assistance within 20 minutes of your request.
What Type of Wheelchair Assistance is Offered by Spirit Airlines?
The airline offers multiple types of wheelchair assistance to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience. Understand the type of assistance offered by the airline to meet your specific needs. Let’s have a look.
At the Airport
- The pre-boarding wheelchair assistance service ensures the process is smoother for individuals with limited mobility.
- The staff will assist you with the following:
- Printing your boarding pass
- Taking you to the restroom/ restaurant on the way to your gate
- Going through TSA
- Dropping off your checked baggage, if required
At the Gate
- Once you reach the gate, the airline’s staff will keep tabs on you every 30 minutes.
- They also help passengers with limited mobility to board before other Guests if requested.
- Finally, Spirit representatives will help you if the gate changes. Please alert the team members via spirit.com/help, and they will be there for you.
- The best part about requesting Spirit Wheelchair Assistance is that the flight attendants won’t leave you unattended on the plane.
- They can use an onboard wheelchair if they need help with a lavatory.
Upon arriving at your destination
- Finally, passengers with limited mobility must remain on the plane until other guests deplane.
- Alert a flight attendant and request handicap assistance to deplane.
- The airline’s staff will start assisting after the last guest deplanes.
- They will also help you with the baggage claim and curb in front of the airline’s terminal.
The Bottom Line
Are you ready to travel above the clouds without leaving your near and dear ones behind? Opt for Spirit Airlines wheelchair assistance and bid farewell to worries. With the airline’s special assistance, every flyer can cross horizons without discomfort or mobility challenges. Do you need assistance regarding the program? Contact the airline’s customer representative and settle your doubts in no time.
Q.1 How Can I Add Aisle Wheelchair Assistance to my Spirit Bookings?
You can either use the My Trips section or call the airline at 855-728-3555 to get aisle and onboard wheelchair assistance.
Q.2 Can I bring my own wheelchair onboard?
Yes, you can. But in that case, you must inform the airline beforehand so they can make preparations accordingly.
Q.3 What is Spirit Airlines' wheelchair assistance fee?
There is no fee for requesting wheelchair assistance on Spirit Airlines. You can add the service for free.